Solar Power Sytems
Solar Power products are designed to provide homes and small businesses with Solar DC to AC power capabilities. Solar cells are long lasting sources of energy which can be used almost anywhere. Up until 2007 time frame, many people felt that solar was a nice thing to do and primarily used in remote locations. Now that oil based fuels are causing worldwide problems due to greed, solar and wind power will become extremely important to each of us. These renewable or natural power sources require no oil or gas resources, reduces CO2 emissions with less oil based fuels used; and provides long term, clean energy for each customer. Solar is no longer an interesting subject, but an essential element to the longevity of our life on this planet. Solar power systems can provide cost effective energy to solve two types of energy problems we face today:
- provide power where there is no electricity supply
- allow each family to produce energy for their residence, and possibly feed energy back into your local grid.
Or you can install solar power and start becoming self sufficient. Starting with solar power in your home, if each family were to acquire a solar power system to assist the family needs for AC power, then we as a nation begin to drive the cost of solar down. Engineers then begin to find ways to improve the solar efficiency of converting sun rays into DC vehicle power and AC home power. As solar improvements are made, we would then see solar migrate in various manners to vehicles, combined with deep cycle, high quality batteries. What is it that you wish to do? Invest in the Sheiks and oil barons, or yourself and our future.
Solar cells are totally silent, non-polluting and have no moving parts. However the production process of solar cells does produce chemical by products. Solar power from solar cells requires little maintenance and is free from our sun for many centuries to come. Compared to other renewable sources solar power offers many advantages over wind and water power, both which are also good forms of alternative power.
Ground level and rooftop solar power is a good way of supplying energy to a growing community. For a variety of reasons, up until the mid 2000's many businesses felt solar panels had to be installed on home and business roofs, but this is not critical and actually costs more money than installing on the ground. The roof advantage is that solar rays are generally more available. But that is true only if there are no trees or larger buildings blocking sunlight during the day. If there is a good location on the ground, it is cheaper and safer to install at ground level.
Additional solar modules can be added to homes and businesses as the community grows so that energy generation is in line with demand. Many large scale systems currently end up over generating to ensure that everyone has enough. Solar cells can also be installed in a distributed fashion, i.e. (where they are needed), thus do not need large scale installations. Solar cells can be installed on roofs or in your yard where sun is accessible during the day, which means no new space is needed and each user can quietly generate their own energy.
There are disadvantages of solar energy in that many companies offer a variety of parts, and offer very poor discussion on how to assemble the parts into an operating solar power system. The quality of parts is important for longevity. In today's world it is good to have products that are designed in a practical manner, easy to assemble, provide excellent quality, and offer DC to DC products, as well as DC to house AC power. Most families will want DC to AC solar power systems, as that is completely compatible with existing home products. Isolated locations may in fact prefer DC to DC solar power systems, as they may already have products using DC power in their cabins.
If solar is installed in so-called solar farms, these large facilities require large areas of land to achieve average efficiency. Air pollution and weather can also have a large effect on the efficiency of the cells. Night time means solar cells can only ever generate during the daytime. As fossil fuel reserves become depleted, oil based fuel cost will rise until a point is reached where solar cells become in great demand.
Many of us know that solar energy is becoming essential, but many do not understand how solar power is created, and how it is safer than oil based fuels. Let's take a look at some solar energy advantages and drawbacks.Some Solar Energy Advantages:
- Long Term Financial Savings
- After the initial investment has been recovered, the energy from the sun is practically FREE.
- The recovery/ payback period for this investment can be very short depending on how much electricity your household uses.
- Financial incentives may be available from the local, state or federal government to reduce your initial installation cost. This varies from state to state.
- If your solar power system produces more energy than used, your power company may buy that extra power from you, building up a credit on your account! It is called net metering, but each power facility varies on this provision and in some cases may not offer net metering.
- Solar energy will save you money on your electricity bill, and has the potential to completely replace your electrical requirement; should you desire total independence.
- Solar energy does not require any fuel, as it comes from our sun.
- Solar is not affected by the supply and demand of fuel; thus is not controlled by the ever-increasing price of gasoline.
- Solar energy savings are immediate and for many years to come.
- The use of solar energy indirectly reduces health costs.
- Environmentally Safe
- Solar energy is clean, renewable and sustainable; helping to protect our environment.
- Solar power does not pollute our air by releasing carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide, sulphur dioxide or mercury into the atmosphere as does many present forms of electrical generation today.
- Solar energy does not contribute to global warming, acid rain or smog; and contributes to the decrease of harmful green house gas emissions.
- Solar power can be conveniently generated where it is needed, in your yard or business.
- By not using any fuel, Solar Energy does not contribute to the cost and problems of the recovery and transportation of fuel or the storage of radioactive waste.
- Independence from Oil Companies
- Solar Energy can be utilized to offset oil-based and coal based power consumption. Solar power can reduce your electricity bill and can supply your home/ business with electricity, should a power outage occurs.
- A Solar Energy system can operate entirely independent, not requiring a connection to a power or gas grid at all. Systems can therefore be installed in remote locations (like holiday log cabins), making it more practical and cost-effective than the supply of utility electricity to a new site.
- The use of Solar Energy reduces our dependence on foreign and/or centralized sources of energy, influenced by natural disasters or international events and so contributes to a sustainable future. Solar Energy supports local job and wealth creation, fueling local economies.
- Solar Energy systems are virtually maintenance free and will last for decades.
- Once installed, there are minimal recurring costs.
- They operate silently, have no moving parts, do not release offensive smells and do not require you to add any fuel.
- More solar panels can easily be added in the future when your family's needs grow.
- Solar panels require surface area solar conversion to achieve a good level of efficiency.
- Power efficiency of any Solar Power System relies on the direction of the sun.
- Solar energy is influenced by clouds and pollution in the air, both which reduces the level of sunlight available to the solar array.
- Solar power is not produced at night; although a battery backup system is available with our solar power systems.